Visual Studio asks you for your credentials. You select “reevaluate”, but it doesn’t help, the result it that it keeps asking the question.
1. In Visual Studio, click on your profile in the upper right corner and select Account Settings
2. In the dialog, look under All Accounts. You will probably see that it needs to sign in/ add your credentials.
3. Once you have signed in, go back to Visual Studio and click the refresh icon in Team Explorer. The error message will go away.
1. Close all Visual Studio instances.
2. Delete the folder .IdentityService that you find in %LOCALAPPDATA%/
Article updated: 2021-09-17